- Mr. John Corcoran (President)
- Mrs. Jennifer Gusentine (Vice President)
- Mrs. Natalie Watkins (Secretary)
- Mrs. Jennifer Dunleavy
- Dr. Nathan Phillips
- Mrs. Laurie Scheer
- Mr. Andy Taylor
In April 2021, there will be an election for four (4) seats on the LaGrange Highlands District 106 Board of Education. Please click here for more information about running as a candidate.
Board meetings, which are open to the public, are generally held on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Library (LRC) of the administration building, which is located at 1750 Plainfield Road. The board meeting schedule is set in June of each year for the following year and can be accessed on the district website or obtained from the board secretary by calling 708-485-3176. Throughout the year, there may be Special meetings scheduled and these are also open to the public.
The board is permitted by law to meet in closed sessions to discuss a variety of issues, which include, but are not limited to personnel matters (appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal), student discipline, real estate (i.e., purchase or lease of property) or collective negotiations with employees or their representatives.
The agenda for each regularly scheduled board meeting is posted on the district website by the close of business the Friday prior to the meeting. The agenda for any special board meeting is posted at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Approved board meeting minutes are also posted on the website.
- Public (Roll Call, Pledge, District Celebration(s), and Public Comments)
- Consent Action Items (Minutes, Monthly Financial Business, Personnel, and FOIA)
- Old Business Reports
- New Business Reports
- Information Only Reports
- Township Treasurer's Office Update
- Future Agenda Items
Public participation is a vital part of our school system's success. Visitors are always welcome at regular and special open meetings, where any person may address the District 106 Board of Education during the “Communications, Visitor(s) Comments and Participation” section of the meeting. When addressing the board in person during a meeting, please follow the procedures listed to preserve sufficient time for the Board to conduct its business. Any person appearing before the Board is expected to follow these guidelines:
- Sign in to make a public comment before the start of the meeting.
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself by name and be brief. Ordinarily, comments shall be limited to five minutes.
- Observe the Board President's decision to shorten public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak. If a number of individuals wish to address the Board on the same subject, the group is encouraged to appoint a spokesperson.
- Observe the Board President's decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board policy 8:30, Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board may be presented to each Board member at a regular meeting. An adequate number of copies should be provided. The Superintendent or Board President will respond in a timely manner.