- Mr. Andy Taylor (President)
- Mrs. Jennifer Dunleavy (Vice President)
- Mrs. Katy Fattaleh (Secretary)
- Mrs. Kristi Bruno
- Mrs. Jodi M. Golm
- Ms. Anna S. Kahriman
- Mrs. Jenny Mitchell
Board meetings, which are open to the public, are generally held on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
The location of board meetings in FY23-24 is scheduled as follows:
June - August of 2023: Elementary Gymnasium
September 2023 - June 2024: Middle School Commons area (pending completion of the building addition)
The board meeting schedule is set in April of each year for the following year and can be accessed on the district website or obtained from the board secretary by calling 708-485-3176. Throughout the year, there may be Special meetings scheduled and these are also open to the public.
The board is permitted by law to meet in closed sessions to discuss a variety of issues, which include, but are not limited to personnel matters (appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal), student discipline, real estate (i.e., purchase or lease of property) or collective negotiations with employees or their representatives.
The agenda for each regularly scheduled board meeting is posted on the district website at 12:01 a.m. on the Sunday prior to the meeting, through the Board Docs software. The agenda for any special board meeting is posted at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Approved board meeting minutes are also found on the Board Docs software by clicking on the meeting title and the "View Minutes" button in the right pane.
- Meeting Opening (Roll Call, Pledge, and Public Comments)
- Reports and Discussions (Items that require board consideration, but not board action at the current meeting)
- Action Items (Items that require Board consideration, as well as Board vote at the current meeting)
- Consent Agenda (Recurring items that require a Board vote at the current meeting)
- Superintendent's Committee Reports
Public participation is a vital part of our school system's success. Visitors are always welcome at regular and special open meetings, where any person may address the District 106 Board of Education during the “Communication, Visitor Comments, Participation” section of the meeting. When addressing the board in person during a meeting, please follow the procedures listed to preserve sufficient time for the Board to conduct its business. Any person appearing before the Board is expected to follow these guidelines:
- Sign in to make a public comment before the start of the meeting.
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself by name and be brief. Ordinarily, comments shall be limited to five minutes.
- Observe the Board President's decision to shorten public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak. If a number of individuals wish to address the Board on the same subject, the group is encouraged to appoint a spokesperson.
- Observe the Board President's decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board policy 8:30, Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board may be presented to each Board member at a regular meeting. An adequate number of copies should be provided. The Superintendent or Board President will respond in a timely manner.
Four hours of professional development leadership training in education and labor law, financial oversight and accountability, and fiduciary responsibilities are required of each Board member who is elected or appointed to fill a vacancy of at least one year’s duration. (105 ILCS 5/10- 16a)
This training must be completed within the first year of the Board member’s term.
Board members who have completed this training:
Board member who will complete this training by May 9, 2024:
Anna S. Kahriman
In addition, all Illinois school board members must receive mandatory training for the Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1.05) and Performance Evaluation Reform Act (105 ILCS 5/24-16.5). For additional information, see Board policy 2:120, Board Member Development.